Friday, February 22, 2008

Two More Days! Already Packed

Here is everything I am Bringing:



I'm posting my packing list on here because it may give future volunteers some ideas on what to bring. I don’t know if I've brought too much/enough or how it's all going to work out, but it’s what I think is going to work the best for me at this point. It all weighs less than 60 lbs and there are only 2 bags (since the small backpack goes inside the duffel when I am not on a plane). To save space I've packed all my clothes in large Ziploc bags and squeezed the air out.

Bags:
EMS 5500ci Hiking Backpack
EMS Large Duffle Bag
Smaller North Face Backpack (carry on for electronics, fits inside duffle when traveling)

Clothes:
5 pants (1 pair are dress pants)
5 short (2 pair are running shorts and 1 is a bathing suit)
8 pair of underwear
8 pair of socks
6 t-shirts
5 button-up shirts (one is a long sleeve dress shirt)
3 polos
3 tank tops
1 tie
1 fleece pullover
1 raincoat
1 hat
2 belts

Shoes:
Gortex trail sneakers
Keen walking shoes
Crocs
black dress shoes
cheap sandals

Electronics:
Apple i-book and charger
Small travel computer speakers
Small book of CDs and DVDs
Camera
Rechargeable batteries and charger
4gig USB drive
i-pod shuffle

Miscellaneous:
Fleece Sleeping Bag
Fast-dry travel towel
Nalgene bottle
World Map
3 Hacky Sacks
Sunglasses
Headlamp
Pocketknife
2 Paperback Novels
Shortwave Radio
Scissors, tape, pens, pencils, markers and other office supplies
Couple coloring books, crayons, and other little nicknacks for kids.
Journal
Small bag of toiletries
2 Pairs of glasses
contacts and solution

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey......Be safe out there!!..Mike and Vaunda

Dr. Paul Heeg said...

Hey Heath... wow you sure are packing light. I think you're going to have an amazing experience!

Anonymous said...

Paul said what I was thinking. You are packing light.