Saturday, March 1, 2008

Here are all 54 of us sitting on each other's laps.

I have a lot of other pics I'm trying to upload to this site but it's not working right now.  The training has been extremely thorough and we are very busy...but we still find plenty of time for ultimate frisbee, basketball, hackysack,  and plenty of other activities.  We are all getting very close, very fast. We are leaving our AMAZING Camp/Resort/Training center (or whatever it is) tomorrow to move in with our host families in our training communities.  Im excited but also a little nervous.  Myself and 3 other trainees will be living in a smaller town outside of San Jose, hopefully we are close together and dont have to take the bus to visit....we will see soon.  We were all set loose in groups of 3 in the city of Cartago today for a few hours and had a had some tasks to complete to practice interacting with Ticos. Everyone was very friendly to us and willing to help and it was a lot of fun....even though it made me realiZe how much practice i need. (MUCHO!)  
We start spanish classes in our training communities monday and there is only myself and one other girl in my class so we will be getting a LOT of attention which we both need desperately. That's it for now, time to go sit around the camp fire and play guitar/sing songs with everyone (i feel like I'm in a mix between summer camp and college right now....its great but will be over tomorrow).  Oh yeah, im sitting in a filed with my laptop right now...this will probably be the last time i find wireless internet for a long while.  I will update next time i find internet. Thanks for reading!

Heath

PS  Here is my address if you want to send mail.

Heath Boomhower PCT
Cuerpo de PaZ 
Apartado Postal 1266
1000 San Jose, Costa Rica





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the picture. Our son Jake is in your group of 54. Keep up the posting, it's a great way to follow the journey.

Steve,

Jake's Journal http://jakeyv.livejournal.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Kido, I'm so very proud! I hope all went well with the Host Family meet & greet yesterday... :) xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Heath,

What an wonderful experience. Love the blog. Sorry we did not see you before you left. I forwarded your address to Amanda. Take Care! God Bless!

Laura