Monday, May 5, 2008

Hola todos,

I’m sorry that I don’t have any pictures of my site…I forgot to bring my camera, but don’t worry I have two years to take pictures. My town (Esperanza) is up in the mountains of central Nicoya Peninsula and its very beautiful. It is super spread out over this little mountain range so I will have to do a lot of walking to get around town. The roads are way too steep and rocky for a bicycle so I will be getting plenty of exercise. My host family lives in a posh little pink house on the top of this little mountain with a beautiful view of the surrounding area. They told me on a really clear day you can see the ocean from my town….but that isn’t really saying much since there are mountains in the southern part of the country from which you can see both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. To get to the beach from my town you have to take a bus into the city of Nicoya and then another bus to the beach and it take about 2 – 2.5 hours depending on traffic, which I guess isn’t that bad. Overall my visit went really well and I met a lot of important people. I even got to play soccer for my town’s team. I will write about my town more when I have some pictures.

The other night we had an RCD house party and it was a blast, the freedom kind of made us feel like we were home again. Almost all of us where there.

I had my last language proficiency exam today and I did really well. I guess I easily made Intermediate Mid which is what is required before I can swear-in as a volunteer in 2 weeks. This weekend we are throwing a party for all the families that hosted us during training so that should be a lot of fun too. I would write more but I am in a rush to make the bus back home so I will try to update with more soon.

No comments: