Saturday, July 26, 2008

My host brother in his favorite shirt.





The church



The bar








The church across from the bar.

This is the main crossroads in my town. I live down the road on the left, the national park is down the road to the right, and if you keep going strait you eventually get to the beach after passing through a few other small town. Behind me the road leads up to the school and soccerfield area.











I like to sit here and read




This is where we stayed in Jaco Beach




Sitting in front of my store where I always talk on the phone.






Coffee












Coffee beans
Hanging out with the local youth.




Saying goodby to the volunteers
All the kids came out of the school to say goodby


playing volleyball without a net.


The elementary school. This is where the volunteers slept.
Pretty sunset



Me working hard.



Tamarindo Beach




Mt friend Andres and his cousin.






Hanging out in church with the other gringos.



Building the aquaduct through the jungle



Sabrino. The toothless old drunk homeless guy from my town.

The store


The store again. It doesnt look very fun but I hang out here a lot because there is nothing else to do.


Jose Louise, the store owner giving the old guy a haircut with a knife.




Left: Police station. It is boarded up and there are no police in my town.
Right: Health clinic. The doctors come twice a month.







The bar. These are mostly the people from the university. We just got done playing soccer.





Scouting out the rout for the aquaduct.



laying some pipe



No comments: