Monday, October 27, 2008

Some more pictures.

Another view from my town. These pictures look a lot more spectacular in person.
This is the road out of my town. The only thing that separates my bus from a deadly drop is a foot-high pile of dirt.

Hanging out in front of the store. Its corn season.




Dinner! It´s kinds funny, people here are afraid of toads. They think that they bite or something and find them to be particulary grotesque animals. When i showed this picture to some friends here they started gaging and almost threw up.




This is how you cook food here. Burning little pieces of firewook under big metal pans on top of clay or concrete things.



Martín and Alejandro pretending like they understand what I am trying to teach them.




Alejandro practicing the colors.




"This lunch is brought to you by the color yellow"




A couple of my best friends. My phone and dictionary.




Walking home from English class in the rain.





My 18 year old host sister Mylene and here 24 year old fiancè Dennis. She is 4 months pregnent.






My 12 year old host sister, Lilibeth. I think I forgot to post a picture of here before.




Me at a birthday party. The guy behind me is wearing a t-shirt that says "Grandpa Rocks" (he is not a grandpa) There is this large woman in my town who likes to wear a shirt that says "naughty girls need lovin`too" I don´t know where they find them.



A pretty cool bird that was was right next to my house.




That´s it for now. In a week a bunch of us are meeting up in San Jose to watch the election. The following 3 days we have an All Volunteer Conference where we will be camping in the mountains, the day after the conference my mom and Jim get here and the vacation begins!
Keep posted for more.











No comments: